The Developing Skills Organization (DSO) welcomes individuals or groups who wish to volunteer their time at The DSO Training School in Phnom Penh. The volunteer program provides the opportunity to interact with the children who study at DSO, as well as getting involved with other activities including teaching English, teaching computer skills and recreational activities, as well as participating with our social work in the local communities. DSO welcomes all visitors from both Cambodia and abroad.
To maximize the benefits to volunteer and to the DSO we suggest that volunteers commit a minimum of two weeks or more with the DSO. During this time volunteers will have the opportunity to participate in training and orientation, work in the classrooms, and to bond with the children. There will also be an opportunity to visit a local slum in Phnom Penh and to meet some of the community children/families that the DSO supports.
Anyone wishing to invest their time working with the children at DSO are welcome as volunteers. The criteria required are as follows:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must provide proof of age and identity – DSO requires a photocopy of your passport and visa, as well as a passport size photo, upon your arrival.
- You must be fluent in English or Khmer; however speaking Khmer is not a requirement of volunteers.
- In the interest of protecting our children, you must provide a police/criminal background check from your country of residence to show that you have no criminal record or offenses of concern.
- You must agree to and sign DSO’s volunteer policy and child protection policy.
On this page you will find some information about potential roles and responsibilities during your volunteer program. However please keep in mind that actual volunteering activities will vary according to the needs of the DSO and the volunteer’s length of stay.
Please review the volunteer policy and the child protection policy before submitting an application to volunteer at the DSO. For more information about the volunteer programme, or general inquires about the work of DSO, please contact: email@example.com